Sunday, October 10, 2010

Spring Pasta with Prosciutto

Quick Description
A simple, relatively healthy pasta dish. I often add in chicken to make it more filling, although the chicken makes the meal a bit boring. The measurements are totally malleable; you can sample this meal at various stages to make sure it tastes right to you.

Ingredients 
  • 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 ounces prosciutto (it's better with more!)
  • 2 garlic cloves. Peeled and thinly sliced (I just use those containers of garlic)
  • 1 shallot (I don't always use this, but if you have one laying around....)
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth (I often use a little bit more)
  • 1/3 cup frozen peas
  • 3 cups baby spinach
  • Dash of pepper
  • 2 ounces of feta cheese, crumbled (sprinkle at your own discretion)
  • Farfalle (anywhere between half and a whole box)
Directions
Cook the farfalle before starting or during prep work.

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.

Tear the prosciutto into pieces and cook until crispy, about 2 minutes.  Remove from pan and drain on paper towel.

Add the garlic (and optional shallot) to the pan and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.  Be sure not to burn.

Then add the broth, farfalle, peas, spinach, dash of pepper and cook until pasta are heated and almost all the chicken broth is absorbed, about 5 minutes.  Remove from heat, add the feta and prosciutto and toss.
 
The more amount of ingredients you use, the more broth is needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment